Monday, August 24, 2009

A Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Egg Free, Nut Free Feast!

This weekend we hosted two of our friends over for dinner. One of our guests, Chris, is allergic to eggs, lactose, nuts and fish so we made a meal that worked for both him and me and it was delicious! (And not too difficult.)

The Menu:

Appetizers:
Green Mountain Gringo Tortilla Chips
Whole Foods Roasted Pepper Salsa
Refried Bean Dip (purchased at the Decatur Farmers' Market)

Dinner

Beer Can Chicken on the Grill (Made with a can of Diet Coke instead of beer…it tastes exactly the same.)

Spinach and mixed green salad with blueberries, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (again, Decatur farmers’ market), red pepper and Ginger Pear Salad Dressing made by Maple Grove Farms of Vermonth. I love this brand because they clearly label gluten free products and they taste great too.

Chickpea Flatbread: See below for recipe…I found it in the July 2009 Bon Appetit

Dessert
Sorbet (Strawberry & Passionfruit) and Lucy's Cinnamon Thin Cookies. I was determined to find a dessert that fit all of our dietary needs. I fell in love with Lucy's Cookies about a month ago when a friend brought them to me and it turns out that they're gluten, nut, egg and dairy free. I don't know how she does it, but they're so tasty. (Even non-allergy people like them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment